August 2nd, 2015
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Updated: Jul 30, 2015
Size: 75.5 MB
Seller: FlippFly LLC
Requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Race The Sun by Flippfly, LLC
DescriptionYou are a solar craft. The sun is your death timer. Hurtle towards the sunset at breakneck speed in a futile race against time. Delay the inevitable by catching energy boosts which reverse the setting sun - if only for a moment.
Race The Sun is inspired by arcade games of the past with a focus on highscores, short game sessions, and pure fun mingled with a nerve-wracking tension. The rules are simple: don't crash, stay in the light, and don't slow down!
- Race at insane speeds through an infinite world that changes every day
- Complete objectives to unlock upgrades and level-up your ship (25 levels)
- Customize your ship with attachments like faster turning and decals
- Unlock two ultra-hard worlds as you level-up
Customer ReviewsTough, but fair (5 stars)
"Race the Sun" is unforgiving, punishing, and more existentially cruel than a Sartre play. Granted, very little of that matters, because, well, it's just so gosh darn pretty and fun to play. The premise is simplicity itself: the player pilots a bird like ship through the ruins of a geometrically cryptic but oh so beautiful world. The ship relies on power provided by the constantly setting sun. Once the sun sets, the ship is dead in
Two CRUCIAL Updates Needed (4 stars)
1) When the user taps "resume" from the pause menu, there needs to be a slight pause before the game resumes. Usually, a game will count down 3...2...1...after tapping resume. The user needs this delay time to get their hand back in position.
2) Race the Sun is yet another example of a game that suffers from the "restart button reach"...in order to tap restart, the user needs to move their hand and reach outside
Impressive (4 stars)
I saw this on steam before I noticed it on IOS. The concept of it I feel is better translated on mobile than on PC. Overall, as endless racers go this one is pretty top notch, for $5 I would expect it to be. I haven't gotten to far into it but am already satisfied I made this purchase. My only complaint is how grey everything is. Power ups and stuff are different colors to help them stand out, but I wish the developers gave a theme to this g