This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Updated: Apr 23, 2015
Size: 36.6 MB
Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
Requirements: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
NOAA Radar Pro – Severe Weather Alerts and Forecast by IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
DescriptionLIMITED TIME SALE! - 50% OFF! - DOWNLOAD NOW! Now on your Apple Watch!
Watch out for severe weather! Stay up to date with warnings & alerts sent directly to your wrist and react immediately. Take just a Glance for a quick weather check and get 24-hour forecast with just a swipe.
NOAA Radar Pro is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map enhanced with severe weather warnings and alerts won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
* Get a push notification whenever an alert is issued (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more) without opening the app!
* Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
* Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
* The only app where all National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
* Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts, plus active alerts for practically any location in the USA.
* Hurricane Tracker displays past and current positions of tropical storms along with their forecasted path.
- Notification Center Widget. Get access to the current temperature, todays Min and Max, weather forecast for the coming hours, with a single swipe
- Tropical storms & hurricane tracks with forecast right on the map
- Choose the number of frames, animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest weather station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Todays Min and Max
- Chance of precipitation, humidity
- Pressure, wind speed, and visibility details, dewpoint info
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available only for the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Satellite images and detailed weather info is provided for the USA plus the whole World.
Rain map is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories the USA only.
What's New in Version 3.3Now with Apple Watch support! Stay up to date with warnings & alerts sent directly to your wrist and react immediately. Take just a Glance for a quick weather check and get 24-hour forecast with just a swipe.
Customer ReviewsWeather app (2 stars)
This is not the best weather app. The current radar movement mode is way too slow. I also don't see a radar layering mode. I do like the overlapping radar visual that doesn't seem to have a visible edge line. I would like to be able to zoom in on localized areas to be able to see weather events as they happen. Floods, fires, flash floods, tornadoes, etcetera. if I am traveling, I would like to be able to see current weather visuals in tha
Waaay Better than Weather Channel (4 stars)
Great app overall. Would have rated it a 5 however there are a couple of little things is like to see fixed/updated:
1.) Auto populate suggestions when adding cities to favorites.
2.) When tapping on a "weather advisory sector" it would be nice to access the details of the advisory by tapping any area of the pop-up vs having to tap the little ">" symbol. I didn't catch this at first and when I tapped
So Far So Great (5 stars)
I was napping and remembered I had left the lawn tractor out to be used while napping, but it wasn't . . . I noticed the clouds were darkening the sky, so I quickly focused into my new weather app. And lo and behold a small green spot had begun to form over the house -- I could not see it in the sky, but on radar it suddenly formed. So I quickly ran out to put the tractor away in the shed and within a few minutes the dew point was reached an