This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Updated: Jul 08, 2015
Size: 38.7 MB
Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
Requirements: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
NOAA Radar Pro – Severe Weather Alerts, Forecast & Hurricane Tracker by Apalon Apps
DescriptionLIMITED TIME SALE! - 50% OFF! - DOWNLOAD NOW! Now on your Apple Watch!
Watch out for severe weather! Stay up to date with warnings & alerts sent directly to your wrist and react immediately. Take just a Glance for a quick weather check and get 24-hour forecast with just a swipe.
NOAA Radar Pro is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map enhanced with severe weather warnings and alerts won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
* Get a push notification whenever an alert is issued (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more) without opening the app!
* Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
* Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
* The only app where all National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
* Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts, plus active alerts for practically any location in the USA.
* Hurricane Tracker displays past and current positions of tropical storms along with their forecasted path.
- Notification Center Widget. Get access to the current temperature, todays Min and Max, weather forecast for the coming hours, with a single swipe
- Tropical storms & hurricane tracks with forecast right on the map
- Choose the number of frames, animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest weather station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Todays Min and Max
- Chance of precipitation, humidity
- Pressure, wind speed, and visibility details, dewpoint info
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available only for the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Satellite images and detailed weather info is provided for the USA plus the whole World.
Rain map is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories the USA only.
What's New in Version 3.4- Travel with NOAA Radar Pro! The app can now automatically update you on weather & alerts in your current location as you commute or travel.
- Great improvements for the Apple Watch app. Detailed info for weather alerts is on your wrist - just tap the 'full text' control under any alert or the alert screen in the watch app. More weather parameters: swipe up to see feels like, pressure, wind, visibility and other current conditions data!
- Wider Radar coverage. We're excited to bring radar maps for Australia, Japan and Europe! Check your app's settings. European coverage includes: the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Germany, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern).
Customer ReviewsAwesome (5 stars)
Great app to have, i hate to say it but it crushes my local news channel weather man all the time i can't count the times, I'd listen to this guy, then wash my car......then here comes the smh, and let's not mention the snow, sleet & freezing rain predictions, at times you don't know what to expect, this app has helped me dress properly numerous of mornings etc. I wish it more to offer, who knows with technology, there might
TV weathercasters hate this app! (5 stars)
Why? Because it makes them obsolete!
You never have to listen to inane "TV personalities" babble again because this app does everything well.
The radar display is excellent and user friendly. Zoom in, zoom out... Pan... It's great.
Plus, severe weather watches and warnings are timely and accurate...and the ability to touch the watch/warning polygons to get the detailed information is awesome.
Excellent app! (5 stars)
Love that I will get weather warnings where ever I am without having to continuously update my Warning List. I travel a lot for business and I want to know if there is a weather alert where I am at without constantly having to add a city every time I land. Also love that I can zoom into my location an know what's coming!